Sunday, April 29, 2012

Picture heavy :)

We have almost 100% of our things in the apartment! YAY! I am so in love with this apartment, I think I've already done 5 loads of laundry.. just washing everything I can, just because I haven't had a washer and dryer in 4 years. We've also washed quite a few dishes too. You don't know how awesome those two appliances are until you don't have them for a long period of time.

I don't want to write a long detailed post right now, but I want to post some pictures of our old horrible house to our new apartment. Just so you can see the huge difference. I swear the size of just the living room and kitchen alone is the size of our old house. (yes, that bad).


Old house first:

The living room and going into the kitchen.

Part of the living room going into the extra area (we called it the computer room lol)
Notice the awesome heater on the wall, must be 100 years old  haha.

More of the computer room... see how fucked up looking the base boards are?
That's paint, when they painted the house before we moved in they got paint
EVERYWHERE. SO annoying. 

More of the computer room.. you can see in this picture how awful the floors were..
If the picture was bigger you could definitely see it. Worst part of the house.

Kitchen.. also the largest room in the house. That linoleum flooring was so gross..

Bedroom ..more paint on the baseboards. The smallest room ever.. basically fit a bed and
a dresser, barely

Teeny tiny bathroom. The most upgraded room in the house.. 

New Apartment:

Bad ordering on these pictures lol, this is the master bedroom

2nd bedroom, which will be the baby's room :)

Master bathroom.. Roman tub LOVE.. and to the left the walk in closet

Walk in closet, with shelves and you can actually walk into it! (unlike our other one LOL)

Hallway going into the living room / kitchen

2nd bathroom

Kitchen! I am SO in love with the floors :-D

Living room.. in the corner is the computer niche :)

I'll take pictures again, once everything is put away and pictures are put up, etc. The difference is ridiculous right? The house we were living in before, we paid $1,150 which was actually cheap for the area. (and for a house) I swear the house was only about 650 square feet or something. Landlords lived in the back. Worst situation, hated it. Now, we pay $789 for our 2 bedroom 2 bath apartment 1,100 square feet :-D 2 pools AND a gym! Yay! I'll be hitting up that gym a lot after the baby is born (once I can). Eep, so happy!! Maybe I'll take progress pictures of the house.. eh, maybe not. LOL! Okay, I need to feed myself. 

5 comments:

  1. Wow, the new place looks awesome! Definitely an upgrade :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new place looks huge in comparison to the old place! Not to mention it's so much prettier, even before the things have been put in their place. I'm excited to see when everything is all set up, because I know it's going to be even more gorgeous. :D

    This is all so wonderful! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Were apartments more expensive than that house? I'm happy for you three. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Apartments were a lot more expensive in that area. Min like $1300 for a 1 bedroom. So weird, but houses were cheaper than apartments.

    ReplyDelete