Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Brown Sugar balsamic glazed chicken

AKA deliciousness, is that a word? That's not a word. I've been trying to make dinner every day by the time Travis is off work, I've been pretty successful and it saves money on groceries having a set dinner for each day. My absolute favorite is this awesome Brown sugary balsamic glazed goodness.. like honestly, it's amazeballs. (That's not a word either) Today, we tried it on subs and I made baked potatoes and it was pretty good. We usually have it as it's own dish with lots of extra sauce on top and a side of mashed potatoes. (We clearly love carbs in this house)

This recipe is SO yummy, I wanted to share it with you guys! 

 I put 2 chicken breasts in the slow cooker with a 1/4 cup of water and cook on low for 4 hours, sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper and flip it after 2 hours. An hour before the chicken breasts are done cooking you start glazing the chicken every 15 minutes until it's done. You probably want to start your glaze 15 minutes beforehand.

 Brown Sugar Balsamic glaze
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 Tablespoon cornstarch
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup water
2 Tablespoon soy sauce
1 Tablespoon Honey

 Combine all the ingredients in a small sauce pan whisk frequently until it thickens slightly, then remove from heat. Then you glaze your chicken with this yummy goodness every 15 minutes and then usually I take my chicken out and cut it up and dump more deliciousness on it! If you decide to make this for yourself, let me know how you like it! Happy eating ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment