Sunday, January 24, 2016

Potato Soup o.m.g

Guys, if you like potato soup you HAVE to make this one.. I found it on facebook and it is by far the most delicious soup, I love it SO much. I found a chicken pot pie soup that I'm dying to try too... Jasons Deli has an amazing chicken pot pie soup and I want to find a dupe!

Slow Cooker Potato Soup
4 Cups potatoes peeled and chopped
3/4 cup onions (we used yellow, but you can use whatever you like)
4 cups chicken broth (2 15oz. cans)
1/2 tbsp salt
1/2 tbsp pepper

Cook in crockpot High 4 hours or Low 6 hours.

When the soup is done in the slow cooker (you'll know because the potatoes will be soft), combine the following ingredients in a saucepan until thick and well combined:

4 tbsp butter
1/4 cup flour
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
1/4 cup sour cream

Once thick, add to crockpot and give it a stir, put the lid on and cook for another 30 mins. Eat with some delicious bread (we like french bread), add some cheese if you like and enjoy! :D mmmmmm.

I did NOT do this as a freezer meal, I put potatoes in another freezer meal and they turned brown/black and it totally freaked me out, they tasted fine but I'd rather just do this day of instead. If I was quicker with closing my bag after adding the potatoes and freezing, I'm sure they would have been fine. If anyone tries it the freezer route, let me know how it turns out. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment